Well here it is! 2015!
I’ve been really psyched for the new year and getting a fresh start. Over the past year, I’ve been dealing with a flare up of my autoimmune disease. I’ll be left with some permanent scarring, but I know everything will be reigned in soon. That makes 2015 the year of renewing a clean bill of health – and I couldn’t be more excited.
In order to improve my health and well being, I plan to make some changes in 2015. Not all at once, but slowly over time I would like to incorporate the following list of improvements into my life:
- Health – This is the biggest area for improvements for me. I’d like to lose 15 pounds and run a half marathon. A big area of adjustment will be eliminating a lot of processed and other “inflammatory” foods from my diet that get may be contributing to my flare ups (gluten, dairy, etc). In addition to recently getting a trainer, I’ll be kicking off my healthier lifestyle with the Whole Life Challenge. Sign up for my team “Creative Happy Kind Challengers“.
- Career – I really want to go to graduate school, it’s a long standing goal of mine. This year I will be doing the Personal MBA program, as I believe it will help me in any career path I take into the future.
- Finances – Each year I add to my savings and repay my student loans. I’m in good shape, but I would be in better. Help me pay down my student loans by contributing to my SmartyPig account at https://www.smartypig.com/loves/jessdudleysays.
- Romance – Obviously this is a shared area of responsibility for JZ and I. Hopefully this year will mark us finding even more reasons to be proud of one another. I also hope to listen better and communicate more effectively.
- Family – I want to run races with my sisters this year. We ran our first 5K together in 2012 and haven’t run together since. I’m hoping 2015 is the year for sisterly bonding over healthy activities.
- Friends – This year, more happy hours, more movie nights and more old fashioned Sunday afternoon dinners.
- Recreation – Another trip? Ireland, Iceland, Italy? I don’t know yet, but I have a feeling that I will be finding my way across the globe again in 2015.
- Environment – This year I want to make the most out of my home, my neighborhood and my city. Although a tiny NYC apartment is not my dream habitat, I know there is a lot to take advantage of here.
- Spirituality – Introducing daily meditation and actively listening to my instincts are two ways I hope to connect with my spiritual side in 2015.