As most of you know, I am running the NYC Marathon on November 6. A long time goal of mine, I am extremely excited to be crossing this item off my bucket list!
Since signing up for the NYC Marathon, I have received so much support, words of strength, love and an outpouring of donations to the cause I care about so deeply, the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). I feel so grateful and humbled – and I’m full of energy that will carry me from now to November. I am beyond excited.
Because you all have already been so supportive, I know I’ll succeed! I wanted to offer a few ways to help me out as I get going (and keep going) with my training. I expect the next 4 months to be amazing and busy and full of love. Anyway, here are some ideas for you to get involved in my training:
- Run with me! This is probably the best thing you could do for me. Strap on some running shoes for 30 minutes or more and just jog with me. I will be running 4 or more days each week and having a friend on some of these runswould make my training way more fun. If you are interested in running a half marathon in October or the full marathon in November, let me know – we can train together all the time! I’m running Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday.
- Okay, so you don’t run… Do another workout with me! I’m going to need to cross train, strength train and stretch a lot. Join me on (most) Wednesday nights for a fun fitness challenge from spin class to boxing, from barre to HIIT, I’m looking for fitness buddies of all calibers. I am also down to pump iron at the gym and get CRAZY MUSCLES!
- Set me up! You don’t want to run with me or go to spin class, but you have another friend like me who wants to get in on some of these antics. Set us up on a friend date! I will be working out with strangers all the time, let’s make that a little less (more?) weird and watch me steal all your friends. (Why would I steal friends? Maybe to throw you a surprise birthday party or something! This is a good idea even if you do want to workout with me.)
- Help me reach my fundraising goal! Many of you have already supported my race with a gift. I am filled with gratitude! My race is 4 months away and I’ve already raised $800 towards my $2,000 goal for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). If you haven’t already hope you will join me in making a tax-deductible donation to LLS. To learn why I care deeply about finding a cure for blood cancers, click here.
- Cheer me on! I might do fine on my own, but a healthy amount of emotional support would be amazing! Little emails, texts and words of encouragement will do the job. Of course, I have more options as well! You can join me for happy hour on the 4th Wednesday of each month or find another time to hang out and let me lean on you. I invite you all to come out and watch me run on November 6. I’m looking forward to seeing your faces along the way as I jog across the five boroughs.