Here we are, I’m closing out my first week of my 30s and I’m feeling good about what lies ahead. Over the past year, I’ve been working to define success for myself, direct my life purpose and achieve some big goals. I’m excited about the work I’ve been doing and am ready to take this show from my notebook to the blogosphere. With all that in mind, I’m excited to share with you my intentions for my 30th year and beyond.
- Showing and sharing love with my friends, my family and with my fiancé, Jon Z.
- Being free to travel
- Working a job that I love
- Living without financial burden
- Being purposeful, intentional, grateful, and aware of the present
- Sharing love and joy with those around me
- Being happy and caring
- Dressing in a way that makes me feel comfortable and look put together
- Living an active and healthy lifestyle
- Creating the best possible version of my life
- Make others feel appreciated for the good they brings to my life and the world
Some highlights from my 29th year:
- I ran a the Hamptons Half Marathon
- I ran the NYC Marathon!
- I started a new job
- I got As in my grad school classes
- I made a few new friends
- I was able to make small but important philanthropic gifts to a number of my favorite charities (IRC, Covenant House, 4-H, NRDC)
- I volunteered with GrowNYC at greenmarkets plus served my alma mater as a volunteer for the 2nd Annual Heliotrope & Puce Purchase Alumni Ball
- Jon and I got a kitten
- I traveled to Sedona, AZ and the Grand Canyon National Park
- I traveled to Palm Springs, CA and celebrated my 30th birthday at Joshua Tree National Park
If all that can happen in one year – and I think I could squeeze in more goodness if I’m more intentional – then the next ten years are certain to be magic!