“Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Here we are, at the beginning of a new year, a new decade. The 2010s offered great opportunity to me, filling my life with accomplishment and pride. I think I get to brag a little! I’ve been striving to make each day the best day of my life since 2015, but the decade was marked with so many special memories:
- 2010 – My career kicked off with my first full time fundraising role.
- 2011 – I met and started dating JZ, now my husband. We traveled together to England and France.
- 2012 – I started running and ran my first 5k! And then I ran some more – JZ and I completed the Warrior Dash! And our travels continued, I joined JZ and his parents for a family trip to Costa Rica.
- 2013 – JZ and I took a big step forward, moving in together. Together we ventured to the West Coast for a month, driving alongside the ocean from LA to Portland and then to Crater Lake National Park and back down to San Diego. We celebrated JZ’s birthday in Shenandoah National Park.
- 2014 – We went to Japan and loved every moment of it!
- 2015 – I applied to graduate school and was accepted into my top choice program. We traveled to Thailand. JZ surprised me with a romantic Halloween weekend in New Orleans, where we got engaged.
- 2016 – JZ and I started new jobs. We celebrated a loved one’s birthday with a trip to Sedona and the Grand Canyon National Park. I continued running and completed the New York Marathon.
- 2017 – The year began with celebrating my 30th birthday in Joshua Tree National Park and enjoying Palm Springs, California. The spring came and we bought our first home. We went camping in Acadia National Park.
- 2018 – What a magical year?! We traveled to Myanmar. I confronted some important health decisions. We planned our wedding and celebrate our union in Zion National Park. Our Honeymoon brought us to Egypt, where we snorkeled in the Red Sea, summited Mount Sinai, and snacked on kushari.
- 2019 – Our travels included a weeklong journey to Eastern Europe, enjoying Budapest, Hungary and Zakopane, Poland with lots of stops in between. I completed my graduate studies. And we got pregnant with our first baby!
There are so many more places I want to go, miles I want to run, and special moments I want to enjoy with JZ. Every day we get to choose create a wondrous and meaningful day. I’m looking forward to all the bests 2020 – and this new decade – has to bring!